As the embodiment whisperer of the Intensive Recovery Healing team, I am a licensed massage therapist and specialize in trauma-informed bodywork including Somatic Experiencing. Primarily working with chronic pain sufferers, I noticed that massage helped but wasn’t fixing the root cause. Through various trainings including Somatic Experiencing, I learned healing trauma stored in the body has been the missing link in wellness.
- Founding Member of Texas State Massage Therapy Advisory Board TDLR
- Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
- Licensed Massage Therapist
- Certified Massage Instructor
- Professional Member of Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals
- Advanced Student of Somatic Experiencing Training Institute
As an important part of the somatic healing and Intensive Recovery Healing team, I also specialize in helping to repair self-esteem, boundaries, and consent. I have extensive training and experience with the ways the body keeps score and utilizes that knowledge in my work with intensive clients. This includes orthopedic massage for common injuries, cervical, low back, knees with Ben Benjamin; myoskeletal alignment techniques with Erik Dalton; massage for cancer patients; deep massage for psoas; massage cupping; Qi Gong; work with the pelvis: structure, power, posture and trauma; trauma massage, and trauma-sensitive yoga. My current training interests are Somatic Sex Educator and Relational Body Somatic Education.